We offer a range of team and individual sport and recreation programs for people of any ability. Explore the options now.
There are many different ways you can get involved - read about them here.
Help improve the life of a person who is blind or vision impaired. Making a tax deductible donation today.
Disability Sport & Recreation (DSR) are celebrating their 60th birthday this year and their Annual Awards event on Tuesday 8th November 2022 highlighted the work of so many people across Victoria, who are helping to make our state a more inclusive place to participate.
We were thrilled that a number of our participants won awards - not just for their achievements in sport - but also for the work they have done in the community to encourage and increase participation by others. Furthermore, representatives from our affiliated clubs were also selected as Finalists in these prestigious awards for their outstanding contributions.
At the podium were:
* Doug Sloan (blind golf) - who won the PwC Volunteer of the Year
* Adam Fayad (blind tennis) - who took out the masters Sportsperson of the Year award
* Robert Fletcher (blind tennis) - who won the My Sport Live Sportsperson of the Year award - Community
BSRV's virtual health and wellness programs won the VicHealth Initiative of the Year - Active Recreation, alongside Belgravia Leisure. Congratulations also to Phoebe Jane and Ross Patterson (blind tennis), who were Finalists in the Masters Sportsperson of the Year award.
We would also like to recognise the dedication and achievements of representatives from our affiliated clubs:
* Brooke Carter, Victorian Goalball Association President - Finalist, PwC Volunteer of the Year
* Deborah Christie & Karen Buckley, Achilles Melbourne - Finalists, Coach/Fitness Leader of the Year
* Jenny Blow, (Goalball), My Sport Live Sportsperson of the Year, Elite
It is wonderful to see the commitment of so many recognised in this meaningful way. We would also like to thank DSR for producing this event and showcasing so many achievements.
[Banner image description: This photo was taken on a city rooftop with city buildings in the background and a moody sky with the sun beginning to set, casting yellow light on to the clouds behind the group of people posing for a photo. Standing side by side, with some holding framed certificates and others with an Award trophy, from left to right is Doug Sloan, Maurice Gleeson, Robert Fletcher, Adam Fayad, Cameron Williams, Ross Patterson, Phoebe David and Jason Whiter.]